Coal mining operations are generally classified into following operations.
- Surface mining opearations
- Longwall mining operations
- Contionous mining operations
Respirable dust aspiration during mining operation is an inherent part of the mining operation. Such respirable dust exporsure may cause permanent diesases or may affects the health of the employees and local population severly. dust control and suppression during coal mining is neccessary to control such respiable dust.
Dust control and suppression methods should be deployed in following places for effective control.
- Haul roads
- Intake roadways
- Primary and secondary hoppers
What are the technologies used to control dust in coal mines.
- Dust suppression Cannon to control airbrone dust
- Sprinkler system for haul roads
- Dry Fog system for conveyors and hoppers
- Dry fog system for screens and crushers